Welcome to Phalanger v2.0
We released the Beta 3 version of Phalanger, the PHP Language Compiler for the .NET Framework. Latest release contains many bug fixes, improved compatibility with existing PHP applications and Visual Studio Integration Package (not compatible with Express editions). This release also contains updated sample (Personal Web Site Starter kit) that demonstrates writing PHP applications using ASP.NET 2.0 framework.
- Phalanger can now be installed into Visual Studio 2008 (including the free "Shell" edition!). Read more at php-compiler web...
- We've released a new version of Phalanger which includes following new features:
- Silverlight 1.1 (alpha) support including project templates for Visual Studio
- Visual Studio 2008 support including new Windows Forms designer
- More information about this release is available at php-compiler web...
- We launched new php-compiler.net web page. If you're looking for more information about Phalanger, you should check it out!
Links (to php-compiler.net)
- If you're new to Phalanger you should first read..
- If you want to learn more or contribute (after registration) to our web page...
- For more details look at
If you want to know who worked on Phalanger in the past and who is working on Phalanger now, look at the page about authors
. You might be also interested in the project history
or first version of Phalanger - Phalanger 1.0
If you're considering what Phalanger version to download, you should read about Phalanger nightly builds
. Also look at MySQL Managed Extension
for Phalanger - this is an extension implementing the mysql_something
functions and you have to download it separately. Also we want to give credit to authors of all third party tools/code distributed with Phalanger
Call for Participation
Are you interested in the project and would like to contribute? Do not hesitate to contact us. We are seeking for skilled and passionate people who would like to improve Phalanger in any way. There is a plenty of opportunities for participation including the following:
- Please help us to *prioritize features* missing from Phalanger which you believe are preventing you from using Phalanger in a real-world environment
- Contribute to Phalanger user wiki (after registering at php-compiler.net). You can ask and answer FAQ questions. Write short tutorials about any Phalanger topic or share your experiences with running PHP applications on Phalanger. If your favorite application isn't working as expected, you can try to find out why and help us by reporting a bug!
- If you want to develop part of Phalanger, you can work on a managed extension for Phalanger so that it can replace the native one, or add missing functionality (requires knowledge of C# and the extension).
- If you want to work on very advanced project, you can participate on development of Extension Manager for PHP5 extensions (requires knowledge of C++/CLI and advanced programming techniques including .NET Remoting).