Welcome to Phalanger 2.0
Phalanger is a new PHP implementation introducing the PHP language into the family of compiled .NET languages. It provides PHP applications an execution environment that is fast and extremely compatible with the vast array of existing PHP code. Phalanger gives web-application developers the ability to benefit from both the ease-of-use and effectiveness of the PHP language and the power and richness of the .NET platform taking profit from the best from both sides.
- Makes PHP first-class citizen in the .NET languages family
- Compiles PHP language to the MSIL (Microsoft Intermediate Language), which is a byte-code assembly used by the .NET CLR
- Allows using .NET objects from the PHP language thanks to the PHP/CLR Language Extensions
- Enables using libraries written in PHP from other .NET languages
- Compiles existing PHP applications to improve execution speed
- Compiles many existing PHP applications (see Phalanger apps)
- Improves execution speed thanks to the compilation and use of JIT (Just-In-Time) compilation
- Implements standard PHP library functions and allows calling native PHP4 extensions using unmanaged code
- Extends PHP with useful PHP/CLR extensions
- PHP/CLR makes it possible to fully integrate PHP application with the .NET type system
- It is possible to import namespaces as well as use namespaces in new PHP/CLR projects
- Allows using .NET generics including writing and extending generic objects in the PHP language
- Supports .NET custom attributes, partial classes, .NET properties and other important features
- Creating .NET libraries in the PHP language
- Compiles PHP scripts directly to the .NET/Mono assemblies
- Allows writing objects fully compatible with .NET languages (like C#) in the pure mode
- Allows calling functions written in PHP and working with PHP objects in the legacy mode
- Using .NET libraries in PHP projects
- Thanks to Phalanger you can use PHP for developing presentation layer on top of bussines logic written in C#
- Phalanger makes it possible to use any .NET object in PHP applications
- You can use ASP.NET 2.0 Membership for integrating user accounts in PHP and ASP.NET application
- Integrates the PHP language into Microsoft Visual Studio
- Provides project templates for developing Phalanger applications in Visual Studio
- Supports syntax highlighting for PHP source files
- Supports debugging of PHP applications running on Phalanger
Call for Participation
Are you interested in the project and would like to contribute? Do not hesitate to contact us. We are seeking for skilled and passionate people who would like to improve Phalanger in any way. There is a plenty of opportunities for participation including the following:
- You can appreciate our hard work with small donation
- Please help us to prioritize features missing from Phalanger which you believe are preventing you from using Phalanger in a real-world environment
- Contribute to Phalanger user wiki (after registering at php-compiler.net). You can ask and answer FAQ questions. Write short tutorials about any Phalanger topic or share your experiences with running PHP applications on Phalanger. If your favorite application isn't working as expected, you can try to find out why and help us by reporting a bug!
- If you want to develop part of Phalanger, you can work on a managed extension for Phalanger so that it can replace the native one, or add missing functionality (requires knowledge of C# and the extension).
- If you want to work on very advanced project, you can participate on development of Extension Manager for PHP5 extensions (requires knowledge of C++/CLI and advanced programming techniques including .NET Remoting).
- For more information, contact the development team on IRC - freenode.net, channel #phalanger.