The release is targeted for stable daily use. With improved performance and enhanced compatibility with several latest PHP open source applications; it makes this release perfect replacement of your old PHP runtime.
To improve the performance of your application using MySQL, please use Managed MySQL Extension for Phalanger
Changes made within this release include following and much more:
- Performance improvements based on real-world applications experience.
- We determined biggest bottlenecks and we found and removed overheads causing performance problems in many PHP applications.
- Reimplemented native PHP extensions interop. with compatible behavior of strings handling and up to 33% faster execution speed.
- Fixed several performance issues. Especially in case of serialization of objects, calling PHP functions dynamically or casting objects into string.
- Proper caching of create_function() improves execution speed of dynamically compiled functions.
- Runtime enhancements and fixes.
- Full 64bit environment support that allows you to interoperate with 32bit native PHP extensions. Look for isolated extension support for more information; It allows you to run compiled native PHP extensions in its own process. It results in safe and crash-proofed PHP application runtime.
- Fixed several bugs based on practical use of real-world applications on Phalanger. Thanks to companies supporting our project, namely Jadu and DEVSENSE, we can provide you with professionaly developed piece of software.
- PCRE (Perl-Compatible Regullar Expression) implementation was improved. It supports all the most-used features. Moreover thanks to the translation into compiled .NET regullar expressions and caching mechanisms, it achieves great performance!
- Experimental support for PHP5 extensions. Currently only zip and fileinfo PHP5 extensions are included.
- Fixed deadlock issue causing problems on web servers.