Another release build for daily use; it contains many new features, enhanced compatibility with latest PHP opensource applications and several issue fixes.
To improve the performance of your application using MySQL, please use Managed MySQL Extension for Phalanger
Changes made within this release include following:
- New features available only in Phalanger.
- Full support of Multi-Script-Assemblies was implemented; you can build your application into several DLLs now. Deploy them separately to make your application plugin-able, to separate it into more self-working parts or to improve the compilation time by precompiling your libraries.
- New compilation configuration to exclude given files from the static inclusions. You can specify files that are compiled fully statically to improve the performance of your server together with files that are dynamic and automatically recompiled when they change.
- Fixed several compatibility issues.
- spl_autoload functions were fully implemented.
- is_writable function was fixed as it is on Windows since PHP 5.0.0.
- Popular PHP opensource applications are fully running on Phalanger: phpbb, wordpress, dokuwiki and many others.
- Performance improvements based on real-world applications experience.
- Implemented new optimizations to perform more operations in compile-time and less in runtime.
- Internal script caching is case-insensitive on Windows. It improves the performance and solves issues with automatic recompilation.
- Runtime enhancements and fixes.
- Precompiling of the whole website in release mode (/target:web /debug-) was fixed.
- Perl regular expressions and other standard functions were fixed.
- Partial PHP classes - the unique Phalanger feature - were fixed to allow debugging properly and to import namespaces from the right file.
- Visual Studio SP1 2008 Integration.
- Provided project templates were updated to be fully compatible with current Phalanger release.
- Fixed bugs causing performance issues and file locking during compilation.
- Utilized the compilation process when you are referencing PHP libraries; referencing of PHP classlibrary projects directly using Reference folder is now possible. You can create several PHP projects within single solution and reference them into another PHP project. Dependant projects are automatically recompiled if they changed and references are automatically added. You don't have to edit your .config file at all.
- Managed MySQL Extension for Phalanger must be reinstalled in order to work with current Phalanger release.
- When precompiling the PHP application, be sure you provide the same .config as it is used during runtime.